Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Direction!

Well, I don't know how to post this at the WW boards so I'm posting it here.

I have talked to my doctor about gastric bypass surgery and I am going to ask for a referral. I am sure it will be at least 3 years before I would even get to the surgery so I have lots of time to take care of this before. If I can't, I can decide then. In the meantime, I am reading up on the surgery and will am meeting next week with a friend who had the surgery when she was around 260. She has lost about 120-130 lbs and she's feeling great. It's been 2 years and she has not regretted it. She said it was hard and she cried a lot over food but she is so happy with how she is feeling. She looks really well and healthy but she says she eats for good health.

Anyhow, in the meantime, I discussed it with my sister who suggested that I be sure I've exhausted all other avenues. She mentioned someone she knew who had done a program where the meals were delivered. That put the idea in my head and yesterday, I signed up for Jenny Craig (Jenny Direct) Premium Success Plan which is done over the phone and with etools and all meals are delivered to my home. Because of where I live, I cannot received the frozen goods but they have lots of "travel/non-frozen" items that will work.

I have been reviewing the website and I am really excited. They provide meals and snacks but you add dairy, veggies and fruit everyday. Once you get half-way to goal, they cut in half the meals they send to you and you start integrating your own meals. When you hit your self-appointed goal, there is a maintenance program that you go through and after maintaining for a certain period of time, they reimburse 1/2 your original sign-up fee.

When I talked to my mom, she asked me, "Can't you do that on your own like before?" Apparently not! Not right now! I need some hand-holding. I need someone laying it out for me and telling me exactly what to do and take all the guesswork out of it.

Okay now some people will have lots to say. This move reeks of desperation but really I am feeling desperate. I just cannot stay motivated to follow WW and counting points is getting tedious. I can't stay here anymore. I've been maintaining this weight for a year now (well in October) and that's great! But I need to move down. I don't feel good and its really all I ever think about.

So there's where I am. I feel good about the decisions I've made - about the surgery and working the Jenny program. I will not go back to WW meetings and have cancelled me etools. I will see how this goes. I have made a commitment to myself that I will see how it is going at the end of December. If I am doing well and seeing results, great, I'll keep going. If not, I can make a change then.

So there it is. I am not comfortable posting this at the WW boards but I know lots of people who come here, are from WW. I still want to post there because I love the people, just not sure how to do that. I'll see!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Seph,

I know that feeling of desperation. I understand. There's no need to feel like you have to hide this from the WW boards. At least on our board we are all understanding and supportive of eachother. I support you 100% in what you choose to do. It's your life and no one can tell you what to do about it except for you.

You are an amazing person and with out your encouragement I know I would not have been able to stick to WW as long as I have. You are amazing.

If you feel like posting, please keep posting. If you need someone to vent to, email me. I won't judge you.

~purrfect24

266 said...

You are making the decision that is right for you. I think your idea to get educated about your options is the best thing you could possibly be doing. Whatever route you choose in the end will be correct since you are the one living your life and the only one who can make decisions about it!

Unknown said...

Seph, I think you are very courageous for deciding what is best for you. Even if you decide not to do the surgery, you are educating yourself about what is available. Love the though of having pre portioned food delivered right to your door. Sometimes I think I spend so much time thinking about food, counting points, writing things down, I get so frustrated.

Like the others have said, I hope you continue to post on the w.w board. I know I mostly lurk, but you always add positive and informational information to the boards and your journey inspires so many, me included.

Keep on embracing the journey and I think in the end it might be a combination of MANY different programs that get us to goal.