Today was WI and I'm down 2.6 lbs to 245.9 lbs for a total of 10.6 since starting Jenny Craig. I am very excited about that. It wasn't looking good all week but then the scale finally dipped. Yay!
My consultation went well with Brittany - we talked about Thanksgiving and ways to work in the meal. My mom is making the turkey and stuffing which is low-fat and I will make all the sides. So I am making lots of veggies - I will do the traditional brussel sprouts, baked yams (plain), mashed potatoes with fat-free chicken broth instead of butter (no ever notices that because they drown them in gravy), cauliflower, and mixed veggies.
I will use the "healthy plate" technique - 1/2 of the plate will be veggies, 1/4 of the plate is white meat turkey, and 1/4 of the plate will be starches (yams, mashed potatoes, stuffing - 1-2 tbsp each?). No second helping unless its the veggies only.
I have also planned dessert which is the Pumpkin Spice cake that I've made so many times on Weight Watchers made with canned pumpkin and angel food cake. So yummy and low points. I usually dust it with a bit of icing sugar to make it look nice and serve it with fat-free Cool Whip. Very moist and tasty and no one knows how low calorie and low-fat it is. Even me! :)
And with a nice walk worked in during the day I will be set for a great and healthy Thanksgiving! All the goodness and none of the weight-gain!
I am finally feeling like I am on my way. I am feeling confident again that I can do this. I was a bit reticent to get too hopeful but I am doing the work and seeing great results.
One great sign of success for me was yesterday I tried on a pair of size 16 jeans I haven't been able to wear in such a long time. I got them on and although they are tight in the bum, they were comfortable on the thighs. I think another five pounds and they will be good! Very exciting!
Just trying on those jeans made me realize that if I keep at this, by the time I go to on a 4-day shopping trip with my girlfriends near the end of November, I can realistically be down another 10 lbs which will put me at a really happy weight.
I was feeling the stirrings of hope before, but they are here full-fledged now. I'm excited! And that feels good! :)

2 comments:
Yay! Over two and a half pounds is an amazing loss! You are doing great!
Yay Seph!!
I'm so happy for you and your new-found confidence in your journey. I know you'll be down another 10 lbs for your shopping trip.
Go Seph!
Post a Comment