Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weight is Relative! Break-through Moment!

I have noticed that as soon as I get on program and work this properly - making healthy food choices, staying within my points, moving more - I start to feel so much better about myself. The last week or 2 I have felt more confident, more attractive and just more positive about myself. It's a good feeling.

However, every once in a while, the thought pops up that if I had stayed on program last year, I would be at goal or close to it by now. I know, stinking thinking! I also think about how much I have gained instead of looking at where I came from.

Yesterday, I had a great reminder of what I have accomplished.

It was after work, I had just gone to the doctor to have some forms filled out for a insurance application and my blood pressure was excellent. I was well dressed - cute dress (black, cream and plum), black tights, black wool winter coat and a really pretty eggplant colour scarf. Looking good! Feeling good! I wasn't focused on it but I was feeling it. I hope I'm not coming off as arrogant but there are just those days when you feel good!

I went into the Post Office and the woman behind the counter looked up as I approached her and she smiled and said "You have really lost a lot of weight! You look great! Good for you!"

I was sort of taken aback as I keep thinking everyone is judging me about my weight-gain and here she was seeing really what I had accomplished even with the slip back. I walked out of there feeling so much better and I have decided that I'm not going to focus on what happened last year but instead focus on where I sit (90 lbs down since my son was born almost 3 years ago). And I'm going to celebrate that and move on from here.

Just thought I would share that I am in a good place right now and I am glad I am here! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post is so true, it is all relative. You have done awesome to get where you are now, and it is possible that the weight gain you experienced will teach you something that you can use later on (I've been there too, to the tune of 50lbs)

Forget about looking over your shoulder at the past, what's done is done. You are doing a great job right now, just keep your focus straight ahead :)

cdblueberry said...

I always think that people are judging me based on my weight gains or losses.

But you know what, I honestly don't think most people notice as much as we notice ourselves. lol, except for mothers :)

How we carry ourselves & dress has a huge impact upon how other's see us!