Friday, October 19, 2007

One year anniverary on Weight Watchers

Well, it was one year ago today that I signed up for Weight Watchers. It was not my first time but it is definitely going to be my last. To celebrate this anniversary, I went out for lunch with a couple of friends then went to a spa for an infra-red sauna, a manicure and a pedicure. That is my celebration for sticking to my goals for one full year!

I am amazed how one year can make such a difference. I have lost 103.4 lbs to date and I am so impressed at how active I am as well as my how my health has improved. I have great blood pressure readings (usually 110/70) with half the medication I used to be on and I now have absolutely normal cholesterol. All this in one year. I am so grateful for all these changes.

From the beginning I knew it would be at least a 2-year process to get to a healthy weight and in that time I would need to make changes to help me sustain this new lifestyle for the rest of my life. I have worked really hard to improve my eating and increase my activity level. I feel more confident than I have in a long time, even confident enough to share my story with the FITT group this past Wednesday. I felt good after that. I learned so much about nutrition when I was in the inaugural group and now I feel good that I could give something back - mostly in terms of hope for those who are starting off. I had to really work hard to grasp the idea that I could change my life one choice at a time and I have done that with huge results.

I am going to remain committed to WW and my healthy lifestyle to goal and beyond. I used to think that was like a prison sentence but now I realize that it is a journey to freedom and I am really excited with all the changes especially that change in perception.

I am so happy with the progress I have made and I am looking forward to this next year with excitement. Here's to a year filled with opportunity to try new things and really spread my wings and see what I am capable of. I love this second chance at life I have received. I intend to use it to the fullest.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Ahh Seph - so eloquently put, it is so true and you have put it into perspective, it's not a prison sentence and really is the beginning of the rest of your life!! We have spent too many years listening to the Diet Industry and expecting unrealistic results if we just follow "their" plan, only to find out they didn't deal with any of the realities of what it is to be overweight, I mean really over weight! The diets they come up with are great for those with 10 or less to lose - but those with anything over that, it is not possible to stick to, lose weight and keep it off following their ridiculous diets!

WW has taught me so much - but I think more importantly it has been the people on the boards who have given me the most insight on what it takes to make this work - to stop thinking of this as I can't eat this and I can't go there - Now I focus on the cans and I can do so much now that I couldn't do before so as you say this has given us our freedom back to live - not just live but a quality life with all the perks that everyone else takes for granted that we have not experienced in so long!

Congratulations to you for being OP for 1 year, for changing your life, sticking to the plan and being extremely supportive to all of the board meembers! You are a huge success story - and I'm thrilled to have met you - you have helped me more than words can express!!

Maddds