Sunday, October 21, 2007

Costume party so fun!


Well last night was the costume party! I had so much fun. Some of my husband's friends have a band and they do a lot of KISS covers so they decided to host a costume party and invite all their friends. They dressed up and performed as KISS although they did other stuff too. It was just so fun and the best was I actually enjoyed dressing up. In past years, that would have been an absolute nightmare, trying to find something to fit never mind look good and I would have been uncomfortable the whole night thinking people were judging me.

Instead I picked out an outfit that showed my body and I felt great and really comfortable. I was dressed as a gypsy and I had a long black curly wig on. It was great fun and we danced lots. No one knew who either of us was until we would go and talk to them. It was hilarious. Of course my husband was dressed up as Dee Snider from Twisted Sister to go along with the rock theme. Someone was trying to figure out how we were connected and told me they though I was dressed as Alannah Myles (remember Black Velvet) which I took as a huge compliment.

Anyhow, so much fun and I'm so glad I went. Of course, after a few vodka tonics, I'm still feeling the fun today. Could also be that I didn't sleep well after too. Anyhow, I'm so happy to have the confidence to be able to enjoy myself like that. :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

What an amazing NSV!! Being able to dress up and have fun and look hot!! Bet it's been a long time since you did something like that - you might want to hide your makeup - your hubby looks like he's having way too much fun with it!! Tell him he's looking hot too!! Just another event in life that we have mised out on, how great is that - I truly believe this year is going to be a huge year in discovery for us!!

Great pics!

Maddds