Now it feels new again. And I am enjoying that. I have reintroduced myself to my food scale and to my treadmill - all that in the last 24 hours. I am loving that.
It actually felt good to know what my portion was instead of just guesstimating and with the treadmill, it felt good to do some deliberate activity that pushed a bit. I walked for 4.5 minutes and then ran for 30 second (well more like a jog) and did that for over half an hour and then did lots of stretching. It felt good to push myself a bit and to sweat. That's a feeling I used to love! And now I found that the way our family room is setup downstairs, I can do it even with the children around because they can't sneak up on me anymore and the machine is blocked off. So now, no excuses. I wasn't planning to run but it is just boring walking so I thought a few intervals in there would keep me better focused and it worked.
Anyhow, I'm feeling good and I feel like this might be the change I needed. I was struggling again and have managed to stay OP for 22 out of 27 days and I still have 13 more days until Christmas. I want those all to be OP. I love that although I faltered and stumbled around for a few days, I managed to pick myself up and dust myself off and move on again instead of just giving in and giving up.
I have been watching The Biggest Loser and I know lots of people don't like it but there is something about seeing them workout so hard, that makes me want to do it too. It just challenges me. I love it!
And now, because I am starting a new leg to this journey, I am going to change up my blog a bit. Nothing much but just a little change to reflect this change.
On Biggest Loser, they have a quote posted on the wall from Bob Harper and it reads:
Stand up and finish what you started!And that my friends is what I am doing. :)

2 comments:
Oh My Goodness! You are doing great! I also love the fact that even though you bumbled around for a few days, you got back up and set to finish what you started!!! That is fabulous!
In case I haven't used enough exclamation points, here's a few more to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay for the treadmill and the scales!! I guestimate, I am waiting to get a new one at ww that will tell me the points :)
Love the new swirly design ;)
Post a Comment