Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back on track in time for 5K race! :)

It has been a while since I've been here but I needed to come and update my weight. I've been trying to work at making healthy choices but I need the accountability and boundaries of the points system to keep on track. After reviewing my food journal and checking everything, I realize I wasn't eating enough on some days and too much on others. Seems my body didn't know what was going on. I have been really active too - running 3 times per week, aquafit twice a week, and weight training once a week with a personal trainer. Anyhow, I'm glad to say the scale has started to move down. Can't wait to break the 250 milestone again! :)

So I am less than a week away from my first 5K race. I'm a little nervous as the last runs I've done have been so hard and they should have felt easier. I think its because I haven't been sleeping properly with DD sick. Last night I slept 8 hours straight through - so nice! And I feel rested. I'm going out walking today just to loosen up my muscles because tomorrow night we are running the race route for the first time.

I've been reading my Runner's World magazines and in one they showed a girl who ran a half-marathon with 3:1 ratio of run to walk so she ran 3 minutes then walked 1 minute all the way. I felt better because a couple of people in my running group have indicated they don't want to "fail" so haven't signed up for the run. And it was evident they thought that if you didn't run the whole way, you failed. Well I wasn't buying that but I must admit it is going to feel good to point that out to the one girl tomorrow. I think she is just afraid but her negative talk isn't helpful for me.

My goals for the race are just finishing and enjoying the experience. DH has signed up to run with me and when I told him to come back for me when he finished, he said he was going to run with me the whole way. I think that is sweet. It will be nice to have someone to run with - someone who is on my side.

No comments: