I posted the following on the 200+ weightwatchers.ca board.
Hello all! I have managed to back away from the Christmas treats and get on the scale this morning. Shocking to say the least although really it shouldn't be.
However, today is a new day and I am back on track - planning, tracking, journalling, activity done, and lots of water.
Really so much of this journey is mental. My weight is no less than it was this morning but I feel lighter already. Must be all the guilt and shame I dropped at the side of the treadmill. :)
As for clothes, I was trying to find my running clothes (which are nice and snug to hold everything together so I don't jiggle). Didn't find them but found all my size 12/14 clothes from when I was at my lowest. Was a bit sad but mostly motivating. I can see myself in those clothes and I remember how it felt to not have my stomach in the way all the time. I can see it so I will get there.
If you believe it, you can achieve it! :)
My New Years goals are:
1. lose a pound a week (I can't help it, I need a number)
2. prepare to run a 5K in the local September half-marathon
3. find a way to be at peace in my own body. I have been fighting it and hating it and insulting it for years but this is it. This is the only body I get so I need to find a way to see it for what it is - a vessel that carries me through life that needs to be appreciated and cared for instead of ridiculed and mal-treated.
So there they are. Not resolutions that I can break and give up on but goals that I can continue to strive towards even if I should stumble or fall.
Best wishes everyone for a great New Year!

2 comments:
Seph,
What a great post. I love your goals for the new year. Of course goal #3 is so insightful. We (I) so ofen hate our bodies, yet they are our only ones. It is this body that I will have forever. Making peace with it is so wise. (I am glad my husband loves it - big or small. It really goes a long way to help me accept it.)
kb
I agree, great post!
With your goals this year you will be in fine form Seph!
Post a Comment