Well this has been a tough month. I was doing well and then started making unhealthy choices which ended up in a 3 lb gain at last WI. I finally came to grips with what was going on and here is what I posted on the 200+ board.
"Last night, I felt so sick with the combination of foods I ate and I realized what a waste of points - 21 points and I didn't LOVE it. The only thing I LOVED was the sugar pie with coffee. If I had stuck to that I would have been fine.
So after that I came to this (Weight-Watchers) site and started reading the articles including how to be successful over the holidays. To choose whether you want to lose, maintain or accept a gain. I am NOT going to accept a gain. I have worked way to hard to get where I am and I am NOT doing this again so this is it.
I reviewed the week 1 booklet and I also read all of week 5 tools for living. I started seeing myself in certain situations like this get together tomorrow night and Christmas dinner and Boxing Day dinner and then New Years Eve.
I pictured myself making great choices including exercising every day. And making healthy choices and I did it last year so I know I am capable of it and I am going to do it this year. I remember Londongrl talking about "respecting the process." Well, I need to respect the process that got me to here. I love where I am and when I saw how high the scale is I realized, like any other number its temporary but it could be temporary in being up or I could keep climbing and cry later for this weight.
So I am not planning for failure!!! I am planning for success and that means that today I will stick with my plan because I AM NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!! NEVER!!!
--------------------
I also visualized myself wearing my new Gap little black dress on New Years Eve (we are going out for dinner with friends) and feeling beautiful and confident in my new body. If I overeat all week, that won't happen. Instead I will be feeling bloated and tugging at the dress and feeling uncomfortable so this little sabotage party is over. The permission I was giving myself to overeat has been retracted. I don't even enjoy it. If I had one of something I would, like last year, but a bunch of something is not so good.
I am planning for success starting now.
---------------------
I'm back and feeling good. Actually I'm kinda mad but in a good way - I'm fed up with what I've been doing the last while and I kept telling myself I can't help it. Well that thinking got me up to 342 and would have kept going up if I hadn't realized, I CAN help it! I was just being a brat and wanted everything my way - well I can't eat everything I want all the time and still lose weight. It's just that simple. I wish it was different but it's not. So I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet that is keeping me motivated today. I will not be a victim. I am in control of what I put in my mouth (even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes). I am taking responsibliity for my choices and I choose me! I choose my health! I choose my family! "

No comments:
Post a Comment