I have been doing the Body for Life challenge on the Amazing 40-yr-old board on Weightwatchers.ca and it has been amazing. It is a 12 week challenge which ran from August 27th to November 18, 2007. I wanted to post my results.
This challenge came at a time when I was trying to incorporate weights into my exercise program and was struggling. I had done the BFL challenge in 2001 and had great results and never felt so toned and strong. That was something I was missing since starting WW. I happened to stumble across the challenge at the right time.
Over the 12 weeks, I lost 11 lbs (1 in the first 6 weeks) and these are the inches I have lost on my body:
Upper arm: 1.0 inch
Chest: 2.5 inches
Waist: 4.0 inches
Hips: 3.0 inches
Thigh: 0.5 (but so much more toned)
Wow so that is 11 lbs and 11 inches gone! I'm really pleased with that. I really struggled with losing weight during most of this challenge and was seriously considering dropping out but I'm so glad I persevered. In the end, my ultimate goal is to be healthy (which includes a healthy weight) and fit and active. This BFL challenge is helping me to meet that goal.
I feel strong and toned and see great definition especially in my arms and shoulders. I also have much better posture which I attribute to strengthening the back muscles. I feel great and more confident. Clothes fit me better.
For those who are concerned about loose skin after weight-loss, weights definitely improves that!
I am so glad that I joined this challenge and I look forward to the next challenge which begins November 26 and runs to February 17, 2008. That should help me reach my goal of Onederland by New Years and keep me on track over the Christmas season. It will be exciting to see the changes after that 12 weeks! :)
I am so grateful to everyone who were so supportive and encouraging. Thank you to Delidee for starting it and for running a second one! Here's to all of us working on our bodies for life! :)

4 comments:
That's great! You inspire me to join the BFL group! How long did it take you to reach goal, you look amazing!
Amazing loss of inches - 4 inches in the waste!!!! That has to make a huge difference in your clothes, you are an amazing person, look at you go, even when that darn scale doesn't reflect your hard work you have learnt to deal with it!!
Maddds
May I ask, do you need the BFL book to follow the program? I would like to have success trying it as well!
Thanks for any info!
Congrats on your journey!! I'm currently doing the same and started Body For Life five days ago. Am curious to know how long it took people to see results as it seems quite varied.
Good luck with the future weight loss!
Post a Comment