Saturday, September 1, 2007

Body for Life challenge and WW Core Plan

So today is Day 6 of 84 days in the Body for Life challenge. Since I have lost the weight I have really become thinner but I don't feel strong. When I did the BFL challenge in 2001, I lost 30 lbs and felt strong and toned and really felt good in my body. I have been thinking about that for some time and trying to work at integrating strength-training in my program. I finally got started with a tape I had and then surgery got in the way. So I was thinking about trying the BFL Challenge and doing the WW food but kept going back and forth on that.

Last week, I was lurking on the Amazing 40-year-olds WW board and saw that someone was starting a BFL challenge starting August 27 - November 19th and I jumped in and signed up. Now with the surgery, I need to start really slowly but I at least I can start and it will get me into a routine of strength-training. After re-reading the BFL book, I realized I need to change my eating style as well and as a result finally made the call to switch to the WW Core plan and do 5-6 mini-meals as per BFL.

I have been thinking about switching to Core since I first started WW but never felt confident that I could but I knew that with this program I would be okay. I am on day 4 of Core and it is going so well. It has been an easy transition because I was already eating mostly Core foods as it was so it was a matter of just fine-tuning my eating. I have also incorporated whey protein into my program as per Bill Phillips to make sure I get enough protein to build muscle.

Anyhow, I am very happy that I joined the challenge and that I'm doing Core because it really gave me a boost. I was getting bored with the Points program and this has infused new life into my healthy living program. I'm excited and hopefully will see great results. I took some before photos and measurements and will post they when I post the results at the end of the 12 week challenge.

Yay! I'm very excited! :)

No comments: