Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's done! I broke up with Jenny!

Dear Jenny,

It's not you! It's me! Please stop calling!

Love, Sephgirl

is pretty well how my email went to my Jenny Craig consultant Brittany (except longer and much kinder). She is lovely and encouraging and enthusiastic but I can't take the calls anymore. I couldn't afford the food after the notice of my husband's mill closure, but she was still calling to offer support and check in each week. It's just making me feel bad.

But the reality is this:

Losing weight doesn't just happen!
Weight-loss must be a top priority for it to happen!


With all that is going on right now, I cannot focus on it properly to make it happen. So I have just accepted that I will not likely be working on losing but I can work on maintaining over the next bit and focus on improving my eating and increasing my activity.

I know with my eating, I've been binging and eating junk - absolute junk! Stuff I haven't eaten in so long. It's making me feel sick.

And I haven't done a proper workout in I don't know how long.

So instead of focusing on the scale or following any program, I am going to focus on the basics:

- Improve my eating - cut out junk; make healthier choices; read labels; reduce binges.

- Move my body - I need to do something so I am going to drag out my workout clothes and runners and hit the treadmill. I will start tomorrow just getting on the treadmill. That's all - even 10 minutes will be a HUGE success. I also need to start doing resistance work.

- journal everything - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will write it all down just so I can honestly assess where I am. I will journal my food and mood. I know that helps with staying accountable and binging.

So there it is - nothing new. In fact, its old - its where I started over 3 years ago when I weighed in at over 340 lbs.

So there it is - in a nutshell! Better choices will make it better.

1 comment:

Kristi-Bisti said...

"sometimes breaking up is hard to do" but at least you had the courage to do it. Hopefully you don't have to dread every phone call wondering if it's Brittany!

Best wishes on getting on that treadmill. I know for myself, once I am actually active, I love it. But that doesn't make the next time any easier to actually get going either! I feel for you!