Monday, June 27, 2011

Hello! My name is Sephgirl and I am...

...a dweller. I review a conversation over and over in my head trying to work out what the person meant, why did they say that? etc, etc, ad nauseum.

This week, I found out that a someone I know has been talking about me behind my back. That's not really surprising as she is always talking about others. The thing is she hit a very sensitive area and its hard for me to let it go.

She said "Seph is sooooo much fatter than she was back in (my hometown)" which is true but I'm so sensitive about going home again that it really struck a nerve.

And: "I am so concerned about her children. They are already overweight (NOT TRUE) and she only feeds them junk..." (AGAIN NOT TRUE and you have all read my menus so you would know) "I think they will end up being fat like her when they get older." Now that last bit is a fear I have myself so it really stung. I have always wanted my children to have a normal relationship with food and not have to deal with weight issues as I have my whole life.

Anyhow, it really hurt to hear all that. Again we are not close but our children are really good friends (my daughter told me she is going to marry this person's son) and they play so well together.

She is also a part of the bookclub I've been in and she was saying all this to the girl who organized the bookclub. I was going to quit but forget her. I really like it and there are lots of other people involved and I'm not going to miss out because she is so mean.

And I really think she is mean. I would NEVER comment on anyone's appearance and my son who is 5-years-old already knows that is not appropriate.

Anyhow, I heard on Thursday and have tried to put it out of my mind but I've been dwelling. And as a result, I've been not on program. I am going to climb back on now but I know its struggle to get the momentum back but I'm not going to let her narrow-minded rude comments get the best of me.

********************************************
I posted the above on WW 200+ board today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me at her !!! I would love to give her a piece of my mind and some words from my mouth.

Dont worry about her, or what she said. I know its easier said than done. But you have got a pretty amazing life filled with an awesome hubby, 2 awesome kids and a mom that would do anything for you. Forget what the dumb a** Biatch said and move on focus on you and your successes because I know that there will be many.

Love you Lots!!!

MistyMoo

Unknown said...

Seph, consider the source girl. I wonder what is so sad and pathetic in her life that makes her spread rumours and try to pull you down in order for her to feel better about herself.

You are a much better person, just let it go and put your time and energy into the people who are true friends. (I know, easier said than done)

Hang in there.

Sephgirl said...

Thanks you guys! I appreciate the comments. I have decided I'm not going to waste anymore time on her. I am getting back on track for myself and about her, I won't invite her to my home and I won't waste another minute with her. When I'm at bookclub, I'll be civil but that is all. She is miserable and I feel sorry for her but I won't be her friend. I just can't be that fake. :)