Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009

Hello all! Its been a while since I've posted.

We had a fantastic family vacation and we really needed it! We haven't had a family vacation since before Donovan was born.

We ended up renting a cabin at Shuswap Lake near Salmon Arm. We had other friends who stayed there as well. It was great as the kids had lots of fun and so did we. After the kids were in bed, we could sit right outside the cabin playing cards and visiting. Such a nice break. We also spent a couple of days in Sicamous which was lovely.

We did lots too! We went to the wildlife park outside Kamloops, did mini-golf, blaster boats, water-slides, spent lots of time on the beach and went swimming lots. We also rented a boat one day with our friends. And I did absolutely everything the others did. No letting my weight get in my way. The weather was hot and we totally relaxed and enjoyed our time together.

The one thing I realized was that I didn't have access to a full-length mirror or a scale the whole time and I have to admit I felt really good about myself. I wore shorts, skorts, tanks and my bathing suit without any concern about whether I looked fat. It was an absolute relief really not to worry about it.

I need to remember that when I get all caught up worrying about myself and my weight. That thinking has held me back for way too long. Enough of that! Life is too short and I have lots I want to do with my family without letting that negative thinking get in the way.

It was a great vacation! Good times! :)

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

yay! I'm glad you had such a liberating vacation :)