Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm back!

I posted the following on the 200+ lb board on weightwatchers.ca last night! Thought I would post it here and update my blog a bit. It's been a while!

I feel like I am getting back on track. Today was so much better than it could have been. I think I have been fooling myself - or at least trying to - and I realize that isn't working for me. This morning, I dragged out my scale and stepped on for a very unhappy surprise. Well not really surprising I guess. I think I've been testing the waters.

Seeing the way the scale moved up so quickly really made me realize that I am one choice away from blowing all my hard work. So I made the decision this morning that I am not going to do that. I have made some really healthy choices today. It certainly was not a perfect day but I've had a couple of good days and I'm feeling positive about it. Yesterday I got a great workout at the gym in - walk/run and weights. Made me feel good to sweat again.

I have also pre-planned tomorrow and packed my lunch and snacks and I have arranged with a friend to go for a walk in the evening after the kids are in bed. That's what I'm going to have to do or do it early in the morning.

Anyhow, this whole journey is about choices and I choose to make healthy ones to continue to work towards my goal of being healthy, fit and active. So enough of this fooling around. The party is definitely over. It is time!



Then today I posted:

Good evening all! I had a great day. I stuck to my food-plan with only one small change and I am really happy with that. I also got in a great walk this evening with a friend. It was so nice out!

I think it is interesting how well I am doing program-wise changes how I see myself. I had been making poor choices and was feeling terrible and puffy and unhappy with my clothes and just feeling fat. And now after a few days of eating well and moving more, I don't see that at all! Knowing I am making good choices automatically makes me happier with where I am. Isn't that just amazing how that "stinking" thinking brings you down and makes you feel worse. I'm going to have to remember this. Just changing my perspective, made such a difference.

No comments: