Boy I'll tell you this journey has been long and I am always at a roadblock right around the time I get to a big milestone. To me, getting under 200 lbs is more important even than losing 100 lbs on Weight Watchers. The reason is that I had started at 342 lbs and really had hit my own 100 lb milestone at 242. Anyhow, I was so close 2 weeks ago at 200.8 lbs and last week I went up one and this week, I've been fooling around. I've been feeling sorry for myself about how long this journey is. I am tired of losing weight. I want to get to a place where it doesn't have to be about losing. I just want to maintain. But I'm not there yet and I want to meet my goals and in reality, no matter how many compliments I'm getting from people, which has been a lot this week, I am not going to be happy at a weight over 200 lbs for my goal. I know that I am so much happier now with my body and my appearance and my health but I still want to lose at least another 25-30 lbs.
I have been doing Core and enjoying it but this past week, I know I was eating beyond satisfaction sometimes and I was also cold and hungry alot so I know I was eating more than usual. Today I WI at home because tonight DH and MIL are flying to Quebec for a funeral so I won't be able to go to my meeting. Anyhow, I was down 0.3 lbs which leaves me at 201.5. I really want to buckle down and get to Onederland by the next time I weigh-in at Weight Watchers. But I always seem to sabotage myself. Instead of being motivated, I ate a muffin I don't have points to cover as it is definitely not Core.
Another challenge has been activity. I used to do a lot of my workouts in the afternoon but now that DS doesn't nap, I need to do them at night which hasn't worked for me so far cause I'm just so tired. But tonight after the kids are in bed, I'm going for a run because I need the activity to make up for the muffin but more importantly, I need to move. I always feel better when I do.
Anyhow, here's to a new week. I'm going to work hard at eating slowly and mindfully and only to satisfaction. I'm not switching back to Flex because Core is how I want to eat when I get to goal so I need to learn those skills now in the weight-loss process. So here I am at a bump in the road to Onederland but I am at the front gate and I will get there! Eventually! :)

2 comments:
Sephgirl,
You are such an inspiration. You will get to your goals, I have no doubt. My two year anniversary with Weight Watchers was yesterday. I still have not lost the magical 100lbs yet. I know I will get there too,eventually, because I have all the support from friends like you. Thank you Sephgirl for sharing your journey with us.
Mefirst.
you are going to get there... i know you will!! you've done SOOO awesome so far... I think you shouldn't stress about it soo much, relax-enjoy your progress-and focus on activity....
kinda like the we never find a boyfriend when we're looking, but don't look and mister right meets you at the grocery store (never happend to me specifically but you get the idea)
however...you will get there-- and all us bloggers are out here cheering for you!!
Post a Comment