Saturday, February 20, 2010

So, here I go again on my own!

It's been 2 weeks since I last posted and its been at least that long since I've been on track and taking care of myself. Instead, I was eating whatever. Then on Wednesday, February 17 it was Ash Wednesday the first day of Lent; I decided that I would have to do something to get focused. So I have committed to not having any junk food or desserts until Easter. I have held firm to that and I am pleased. I am still overeating though and need to get more balanced.

Henry has gone now and is in a northern Alberta town getting ready to start work on Monday. Sometimes its the anticipation that is difficult, and it was, but I have to say that I am missing him and just coming to the realization that we won't be seeing each other for weeks at a time. Not looking forward to this but I can do it - I know that I have done harder things and I will do this too.

So now I need to get a bit more focused on me and my health. I need to start eating healthy foods and moving more - I guess on my treadmill or at the gym when DD is at school. And having made the commmitment not to eat junk, it should be easier to stay focused.

So here I go again on my own! And in reality, even with all the support in the world, when it comes right down to it, it is me - making the decisions. It is me sticking to my program and ensuring that I get out and move. I know I can do it - I've done it before. So here I go again!

2 comments:

Kristi-Bisti said...

Hey Sephgirl,

I've been praying for you. I am giving up my computer time for lent (other than email once a day and posting on my blog). So, I'm cheating a bit here. I just wanted to know that you are on my mind and I know you can do what you need to do and do it well. It will be hard. But you can still do it.

my email is gensearchers@gmail.com

please email me if you would like. Then I won't have to cheat anymore!

Best wishes to you!

kb (Kristen)

cdblueberry said...

(hugs) Seph, I know these are huge and not wanted changes in your life. I hope you can find your way through.